Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

In where I tread into the abortion debate…

I was thinking of original sin recently. And I, for the life of me, can’t think of what started me thinking on these lines apart from God. But, I’m pretty sure it was this sermon on Noah from the R.C. Sproul sermon of the month club. Anyway… one of the side tangents was regarding execution. Dr. Sproul was saying because life is so sacred, it is appropriate for man to exercise the right to take life in payment for a life lost.

So, yesterday, I was struck by a random thought that life is indeed sacred and a precious gift from God. And because God is the maker of life, it is not my place or the place of any man or woman to say when life should end. The choice a woman makes when she ends a human life is not just murder, rather it is the arrogant statement, “I can control when life begins and ends.” Eat of this fruit and you can be like God. And that is the oldest lie in the world.

It is my ardent prayer that God will use me in creation of new life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home