Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Holiday observations…

The more I think about it, there is one, and only one, important thing I learn during holidays… I am a dirty rotten sinner. (Isn’t this what all Christian holidays are about anyway? Christmas, I’m a dirty rotten sinner that needs God to send His son into the world to die for my sins. Easter, I’m a dirty rotten sinner that needs God to send His son into the world to die for my sins. Thanksgiving, I’m a dirty rotten ungrateful sinner that needs God to send His son into the world to die for my sins…)

I mean, forget the hurt feelings I experienced because my Aunt was self righteously giving me input on my weight (mom should be glad I didn’t say what I wanted to say, not that I’m looking for a reward for thinking nasty thoughts, but I didn’t give into them). I did my fair share of baiting my relatives, too. And, you know, when I go and visit Josh’s family, it’s the same. I get justifiably hurt feelings about this or that, but I pick on them too. Families, because they are closest to us, are good, very good, at getting us to sin, either intentionally or unintentionally.

And so, during the holiday season, ask for a special measure of grace. Not to sound defeatist or anything but even if you try really really hard not to sin towards your family, trust me, they’ll get hurt feelings about something or other or you’ll inadvertently say or do or you’ll intentionally say or do something sinful. Remember that Jesus died for your relative’s sins just as much as he died for yours. And remember that anytime is a good time for confession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home