Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Friday, July 08, 2005

The near perfect Cribbage hand

I have played Cribbage most of my life, since I was able to add mentally. Cribbage is a family game. So, when Josh and I started dating, he had to learn. It helped that his step-dad, Bill, also played.

I'm pretty good at Cribbage, but mostly that's because I took some statistics in college. Never in my life, though, have I seen "the hand." Those who play Cribbage know what "the hand" is. Three of the "fives" in hand, a Jack in hand, and the remaining "five" that is the same suit as the Jack as the draw card. That is 29 points and the most you can get in your hand.

Josh came oh-so-close today. He had all four of the "fives" in hand. Thankfully for me, the draw card was a seven. And I'm a good sport about it. He's going for his National Guard physical tomorrow morning, and has to be at the armory at 6 am. Besides, he didn't skunk me. Nope, I pegged past the skunk line right before he won the game two hands later.

I will probably post tomorrow afternoon about the National Guard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home