Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

A hat tip to Saturn of Bloomington

My dad drives a Saturn. I drive a Saturn. So, do both of my sisters, as well as my brother-in-law. And we all bought them within the last four years. I take my Saturn to the dealership to get maintained. I go to the dealership because one of the service associates was a band parent when my sisters and I were in high-school band and orchestra.

Yesterday, I had regularly scheduled maintenance. And the band parent brought out a part to show to me, the transmission pan. It had a divot. And he said that though it wasn’t leaking, it likely would and I’d have to keep an eye on it. I explained that Josh is going go to Iraq, and I’d rather replace potential problems before they become problems and before Josh leaves. I have never had a problem with my car, and I didn’t want it to become a problem during the next two years.

So, after my service was complete, the band parent sat down with me, went through my service receipt and explained everything, including what I’d likely need to have done before winter and why.

I am competent for daily maintenance to my car. I change my own fuses, I gas it, I can check the oil level, top off fluids, and other such things. But, it was comforting to know that someone was telling me what I’d need to watch for while my husband is gone.

I am going to give hat tips from time to time (that don’t disclose my location or who I am) for armed service friendly businesses. I am not doing so for any financial gain for myself. Rather, I’m interested in promoting businesses who give good service, especially to those who may be more vulnerable. I fancy myself a pretty competent woman. But, a woman alone in a car dealership, and some other businesses, can be a target to unsavory business practices. I am also going to take my hat tipping one step further. I intend on letting the company know that I received good service.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Time flies Liz, I remember when I used to tell you that I would have to give up driving after you passed your driving test!

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    And now even Rachel is driving...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home