Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The beauty of 10 minutes

Josh is almost done with his JRTC training, so he was able to give me a 10 minute phone call last night. The 10 short minutes lifted my spirits, as well as his, and it makes me long for our time together in March. Josh is my hero, my love, my husband. I adore him more then anything. These 10 minutes refreshed me and they keep me company until we meet again.

So, in church today, Pastor talked about how we need to practice personal devotion time. Those of us who have been lacking in our Bible reading should resume our time in Holy Scripture and meditation. Pastor also said that we should be realistic as we renew our devotion time and start small. He said, “10 minutes make all the difference in the world to those who spend zero minutes.” If we spend a few minutes in Holy Scripture and meditate on it and apply it to our lives, we shall be transformed. Eventually these 10 minutes become 20 minutes that leads to 30 minutes to an hour.

Oh how 10 minutes a day can revive a soul thirsty for the word of God as the 10 minutes I spent with my love on the phone revived me emotionally and made me satisfied until we speak again.

As a side note, I’m off to DC for the next two weeks, so I won’t be blogging. Josh has the laptop and I’m not about to purchase TV internet time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home