Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Monday, January 09, 2006

On Pat Robertson

So, I had this really good post on what the boundaries of Israel are according to Genesis 15, the book of Joshua, and how the World War I Allied Forces were REALLY responsible for the initial break up of the Promised Land. I also touched on how if Evangelicals REALLY believe a literalist interpretation of the Bible, then they should ask Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, and others to give land back to Israel. But my desk top ate the post, and I'm not up on finding lost documents.

Anyway, here's the summary: the winners of WWI divided the spoils, leaving Israel smaller then what the Biblical boundaries of the Promised Land are. So, Pat Robertson has no business pointing the finger at Ariel Sharon as America is more responsible.

So, let us say for a minute that Pat Robertson is God's spokesman. Isn't he picking a rather easy target? I mean, it is not unusual for a man in his seventies who is overweight and has a history of strokes to have a massive stroke and almost die, nor is it really unexpected. So, how do we know if Mr. Sharon is being punished, or if he's suffering because he's old and likely to have strokes?

Pat Robertson is being horrible. His behavior is wrong. It is the job of Christians to preach the news of Christ and to call people to repentance. It is the job of the Holy Spirit to convict of individual sin. And Christians should not call others to repent if we will not ourselves repent first. Pat Robertson should examine his heart for sin, and if he is putting his political opinion above the great commission and replacing God's word with his politics, then surely he should repent. I don't know, I don't know the man, and I don't want to judge his heart. I'm just saying that there is something wrong with his attitude and my guess is that he is sinning, himself.

The Lord's blessing on Mr. Sharon:
"May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord shine his face on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord look upon you with favor and give you peace."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home