Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Mallory's first bad cold...

Or allergies... not sure which.

She had a little cold right after we got back from visiting Josh's folks, but we just attributed that to travel stress. This time, I have a sore throat, so we either have cold or allergies. Kinda hard to tell yet.

Josh was feeling pretty bad this morning/early afternoon because she was fussing and wasn't eating. I've been saying for a week now that she's been starting to sound a tad congested. He feels relief that she's fussing for me, too. We gave her some saline drops to get things flowing and we have her with a vaporizor. Josh went to grab some Baby-rub (Vic's vaporub for babies). And for tonight that will do.

I also put a rolled up towel under the head of her mattress, but she's sleeping in our bed right now, and I'm not about to move her.

Anyway, kind of rough with all those warnings about OTC remedies. I mean, we don't want to do anything to hurt Mallory, but at the same time, I don't want her to get dehydrated... We'll give the doctor a call tomorrow to see if we can give her pedialyte or put some formula into my milk bottles to make sure she's at least getting calories. And Josh will try spooning milk to her tomorrow morning.

It's going to be a LONG four day drill weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I feel your pain. Josh is just finishing up his first cold. It lasted a week and a half. My doctor told us that allergies are very rare in infants, so it is most likely a cold.
    Some times it seemed like a lost cause sucking the snot out with a bulb syringe, because he would cry which produced more snot...

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    Mallory only woke up once between 11 and 4:30, so I got some sleep! So, here's hoping that she eats more while I'm at work this morning!

    At least she's getting my cold fighting antibodies!

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger TK said...

    Ah, yes, those fun baby colds... I wish you all wellness!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home