Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What can Jesus... um, no, Obama do for you?

Obama is smart, I’ll give him that. American Christianity is marked by a call to action. Show me your faith by your works, etc. Much of this comes from a misunderstanding on the call of vocation. American Christians do not see living daily life in a humble manner and doing your duty as an act of faith. If a man brings home his entire paycheck, is faithful to his wife, and teaches the Bible to his kids, he is not considered a “good Christian” if he doesn’t also volunteer at church. Obama is cashing in on the belief that our regular lives are unimportant by encouraging people to drop what they are doing and help him get elected.

Further, when approached by an American Revivalist, they will offer a testimony on what Jesus has done for them by making their lives easier and more meaningful. Obama is going to cash in on that tonight. Just watch, Revivalists. What makes Obama different than the Jesus you preach about? Heck, pay him enough money, and he may even forgive your sin of racism.

What, heretic am I? When asked for my testimony, and I say the Apostles Creed and express my faith that Jesus died on the cross for my sins; I am told that this is not good enough, I have to offer a recent example on what Jesus has done for me lately.

Obama has taken a page out of the American Revivalist play book, and they have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger LPC said...

    This is a very interesting post, Obama I observe is indeed selling himself as the next Messiah. no?

    LPC

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    He is, indeed. I take some hope that those in my generation follow their usual voting pattern and decided to stay at home. But, there are those who would covet, steal, and murder for charisma, 40 acres, and a mule. I'm no more impressed with McCain, but as my husband is in the military, I take the brotherhood into account.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home