Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Monday, December 13, 2004

I love Christmas time

I love Christmas. There's just something special in the air and people tend to be cheerful. There are also a lot of really cute movies out, and I enjoy cute movies. My aunts, cousin, and I went to see "The Polar Express" this weekend. It was a lot of fun! After I returned, I gave Josh the run down of the evening. Then, he asked the all important question, "So, do YOU believe in Santa?" That is a loaded question. I don't believe there is anything wrong with believing in Santa. I also think a hearty dose of fantasy is good for the soul. But, honestly, I do not believe that Santa is going to come and give me presents. I do, however, plan on encouraging that belief in my children, when we have them.

I believe in mysteries, though. And I believe in things unseen and that are too wonderful to comprehend in this world. This is why I love both Christmas and the Lenten Season. I believe in God, and that Jesus came into this world to suffer and die for my sins, so that I may live in Heaven. I also believe that the Bible is without error. This does not mean that I understand everything or have supporting information regarding all of the finer points in scripture. It means that I have faith that it is all true.

Faith is a wonderful thing. It is a mystical thing. Usually people have faith in a better tomorrow or something along those lines. People do not have faith any longer in a wonderful past. This is especially true when it comes to Christianity and aspects of Judaism. And I wish that these Bah-Hum-Buggers would just shut their mouths at Christmas time.

In the next couple of weeks, take a few minutes to, with the wide eyed innocence and belief as a child, contemplate the wonders of Christmas! Contemplate how wonderful it is that the barren Elizabeth conceived a son who was filled with the Holy Spirit even in the womb! Contemplate how wonderful it was that God choose Mary to give birth to His Son! How wonderful it is that Mary accepted and had a humble attitude! How wonderful it is that she obeyed God and considered God to be someone to quietly and softly serve! How wonderful and mysterious it was that the virgin conceived! How wonderful it is that the angels announced the birth of the Savior! How wonderful it was that the shepherds believed! How wonderful that the men from the east followed an astronomical phenomenon to see the King of the World!

What a beautiful time of the year, this Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home