Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Give me a week or so and I'll comment on Arafat

There are certain people that spawn such violent extreme feelings in others. Arafat is one of them. And after I get over my extreme feelings about his death perhaps I'll comment in a sane and rational manner without derogatory or vulger language.

As I feel a same day comment is required, I will say this, however. There are certain people that I am just not sorry for when they pass. Hitler, Stalin, Tim McVeigh, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao... I will not be sorry for Saddam, or Ben Ladin either. Arafat joins this list.

My loathing and utter lack of sympathy is an indication that I should not be in charge of the salvation or damnation of others. And this gives me pause to thing about something else, very quickly because I'm on lunch. In God's eyes, we are all equal. We are all sinners deserving of eternal damnation in hell. Yes, my sins are every bit as grave as Arafat's. The good news for me is that I acknowledge my sinfulness and I have asked God for forgiveness for my sins because Jesus became my replacement in death. And I try, with the help of the Holy Spirit to not sin anymore.

Anyway, enough about Arafat and the things I think of when I hear that name.

Tonight, Josh and I are going to go hear Os Guiness (theologian, and yes, of the beer family). So, this weekend, I may take some time to do theological commentary. Politics and my thoughts on Arafat, his death, and such can wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home