Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Monday, April 17, 2006

An Era is Ending

Yes, even Becky used to watch prime time soaps. And the era I’m referring to is shows that my mom, sisters and I enjoyed together. “7th Heaven” is almost done. Three episodes left. I decided that I would see the show off just like I faithfully watched the last several episodes of “90210.” And as I had hoped, it is the return to the “7th Heaven” I knew and loved.

The youngest three kids are keeping secrets from everyone. Ruthie FINALLY confessed what she knew about Matt and Sarah. Lucy is still neurotic as is Annie. And the Bank of Simon finally went bust. Happy is still there. And life is good.

I quit watching sometime early last season. I wasn’t so big on how Simon’s character developed and I am not thrilled about how the character of Mary changed through the gossip that the Camdons all told. But tonight’s episode brought back memories of a good show.

Are Matt and Sarah pregnant? Will Mary show up for the last episode? Will Simon and Ruth REALLY get married? Will Lucy ever grow up? And will the Rev. confess his secret about the wedding ring? I hope for closure. No spin off, just closure.

Thanks for the memories, folks! Good luck!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like you have been sucked into the final few episodes of what started out as a nice family show and turned into a family full of caricatures that all became ridiculous. I have tuned in occasionally in the last few seasons and it is a very poorly written and acted show and I am glad the WB is finally pulling the plug. But, like you, I am dutifully waiting to see if Mary will find redemption by appearing in the final episode and hoping against all hope that Rose will leave Simon and maybe he can hook up with Ashlee Simpson again, afterall, she can't sing, so she may as well come back to him! I find myself changing the channel when sam walks in the room so he won't catch me killing brain cells in this manner, but it is a bittersweet ending - that should have happened a good 3 years ago.

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    We all do what we have to do. At least I don't have to worry about my husband catching me killing the cells!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home