Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Please do not let my husband’s gender offend you…

But, he is, indeed, a man. And you know what women, get over it .

Fellow women, there are things in life that are not equal. Deal with it. Life should not be handed to us on a silver platter. You want to make as much as a doctor, then pay the price. You want to make as much as an economist, then pay the price. You want a high paying job, then pay the price.

Furthermore, my husband has a favored tax status right now. He is deployed. You want a favored tax status, join the military.

You want equality with men. Register for the draft.

There are many issues one can discuss when talking about giving women a lower tax bracket for genders sake. One can discuss the marriage preferences of men. One can discuss how women are not willing or able to perform the difficult tasks of obtaining a degree in math, engineering, economics, science, or other fields that offer greater financial return on the investment. One can discuss whether favored tax status will encourage men to become transgender or discourage women from becoming transgender. One can discuss the behavior modification people want to impose on women who wish to stay home with their children or encourage men to stay home with their children.

But the fact of the matter is, women hate men, and hate men viciously. Men, be very careful who you marry.

Update: The paper mentioned in the above article can be found here. And it operates out of the general assumption that the government should tax people into better behavior. Personally, let’s say I wanted to get rid of war protesters in my area… since they tend to congregate at low points in the road where water sits after rain, I could either: a. splash them as I drive past, or b. call the police. Option A is more effective and more fun. I have certainly never *stopped* people from protesting in my neighborhood. I just discourage it is all. (And yes, for the uninformed, war protesters are adverse to being splashed.) I don’t believe the government should be in the business of encouraging certain behavior. That means I just reject their entire theory. Flat taxes for me, baby. Or even better, consumption taxes…

Oh, wait… women spend a lot… I suppose that defeats the entire purpose of the study…

Maybe if Vox Day ruled the world women wouldn’t have the vote, as such would not be subject to taxation. Yup. Some things have merit.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

    I hate women that try to put women in perpetual victim mode, or that try to tell women how to live their lives. Then again, as a stay-at-home homeschooling mom, I would, huh?

    They don't call that newspaper the Minneapolis Red Star Tribune for nothing.

     
  • At 7:42 PM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    What makes me really sick is they're economists. I have an undergrad in economics, and because I had a pretty libertarian department, we would *never* have gotten away with this.

     
  • At 2:37 PM , Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

    Why am I still stunned to find such communist/feminist drivel in the Star and Sickle? It is so obviously unconstitutional and they print it anyways. It's idiotic.

     
  • At 9:06 PM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    Sunday was indeed a sad day to be a woman. I have a hard time believing it was a slow business news week and that there were not more pressing tax issues.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home