Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

A discussion with a friend…

Got me to thinking about praying out loud. My friend works for a non-denominational evangelical non-profit. They were doing something or other at a corporation, and part of their routine is to pray in groups, out loud. The corporation asked them to stop, but my friend’s co-workers got the “we’ll just keep going because if they get really mad at us, we become more righteous” attitude. I offered the suggestion that perhaps it isn’t wise to cast your pearls before swine, so maybe they should have honored the corporation’s wishes.

This lead to a further discussion about praying with non-Christians. I suggested that perhaps it’s a good idea to encourage non-Christians to pray (a small faith step, if you will) provided you set the parameters. “We are asking God for (fill in the blank with the organizations mission) and that we might be willing servants. Does anyone want to join me in praying out loud?” Then see that you close the prayer in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Any other thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home