Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

On the Immigration Bill…

I’ve ignored politics for about 20 months. OK, not ignored so much as exercised the in one ear out the other function. I acknowledge its presence, but don’t really donate much effort to it.

Here’s my beef with the entire boarder security issue. I am supposed to take seriously an elected official who believes we need to go to Iraq for our own security whilst anyone can come across the boarder without consequence. Bush at a minimum is inconsistent with his desire to protect our nation from foreign invasion, and I am not talking about Hispanics, and at most could reasonably be held complicit in the next terrorist attack.

I really don’t care if Jose and Maria want to come to America and have a better life. Heck, my dad’s side of the family unsuccessfully tried to violently overthrow a government and sought refuge in America. I just insist upon it being done in an orderly manner, that people follow the established rules and do not insist that I accommodate them in any manner, and that the boarders to the country are secured. The current immigration bill as it stood accomplishes none of the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home