Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This week, in the life of Baby…

We begin week 10 (so those keeping track can do so). When I say “week 10” we are not saying “Baby has been alive for 10 weeks.” It means it has been 10 weeks since the first day of my last menstrual cycle.

Baby is now officially a “fetus.” And that’s very exciting! Baby should be between 1 inch and 1 and 1/3 inches and weighs in at four paper clips. So, we shall call Baby “Peanut” this week. Sure, smaller then an average sized peanut, to be sure, but still cuter then “Walnut” or “Filbert.”

Peanut’s toes have now formed and are ready for counting! And Peanut’s eyes are open, but will begin to fuse shut for the next three or four months. Male or Female members are still forming. Peanut now has external ears and an upper lip. And, Peanut no longer has a tail.

Also, if you follow the about.com link, one can find another link where one can hear a 10 week old baby’s heart beat. It’s pretty cool knowing that’s what’s going on!

And for those interested in the mommy issues… I’m actually feeling less nauseous in the mornings, though I’m still exhausted when I get up. I’m “showing” a little and I’ve gained a little weight. But, most of the clothes I was wearing last winter fit me well (with the exception of button downs). So, I don’t particularly look pregnant. I’m also croupy. I can’t take general asthma medication, only my fast acting inhaler. And I can’t take cough medicine or anything like that. Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home