Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fishing with Barb…

I’ll bite…

1. I am a noted silverware thief. Every year, at Christmas, I would undergo operation steal Granny’s silver, wrap it up and put it under the Christmas tree signed from a male in the family. (There’s a long background story with this.)
2. My family eats homemade pizza on Christmas Eve. Who wouldn’t when your other option is lutefisk?
3. When I was a teacher’s assistant with the 2 year olds at this particular church I grew up at, one girl insisted on singing “Away in the Manger” with actions, every week, even in July.
4. I am a purist. I sing “Good Christian Men Rejoice” “God rest ye Merry Gentlemen” “Born that men no more may die… born to raise each son of earth” and other “sexist” lyrics.
5. My favorite Christmas song is “Joy to the World,” and I sulk for months if we didn’t sing the “He rules the world” verse.
6. Josh gave me the world on a tin-foil platter for Christmas one year.
7. I prefer listening to men read scripture, particularly the Christmas story and the Easter story. Nothing personal, but my Dad has a really good reading voice.

So, now I’m fishing, anyone want to bite?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:03 AM , Blogger Cajun Huguenot said...

    Interesting little Christmas snippits.

    Kenith

     
  • At 7:27 PM , Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

    I've only read about "joke presents" like silverware in books. You're the first person I've known who does it "in real life". :)

    My in-laws ate eel and calamari on Christmas eve. I'd prefer pizza too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home