Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

This week in the life of baby…

We find out that my parents were not joking when they teased us about taking home the wrong kids from the hospital. I got my blood work back and I am Rh negative. I called Mom and she said, “How did that happen?”

The lesson to be learned… don’t assume “everyone knows I have” this one inherited condition. Even the most concerned person in your family may not. So, compile a nice medical history of your family as a Christmas present, not a gossipy one like “so and so had this and this” but rather:
Juvenile diabetes runs in the family
Rh negative blood runs in the family
Heart attacks run in the family

Having Rh negative blood, it turns out, is really not that big of a deal… unless one has a husband with Rh positive blood and one has received blood products to treat a blood disease… But problems can easily be taken care of with a series of shots.

Anyway, want to know why we’re supposed to share our prayer requests with others? OK, so this isn’t really a Biblical answer, but you tell people, “Hey, I have this problem could you pray for me?” And they e-mail you back and say, “Yeah, and did you know that I had it too. Everything worked out for me. Be encouraged!” And that is good.

So, Baby is in “week 13,” and according to about.com Baby has its first set of teeth just waiting to go through teething and biting! Baby and the placenta both weigh in at an ounce. So almost all the parts should be in place, it is just a matter of growing and Baby giving everything a test run. I’m starting to feel pretty good, but am adverse to certain smells and foods. Baby still likes it when I sleep 10 hours a night, and is fairly insistent that I drink 12 glasses of water a day and at least two a night.

I am starting to... um... expand... my wardrobe if you will... and this is going to be a busy weekend, so Josh, Baby, and I bid you Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home