Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lutheran Theology ruined CCM for me…

So, last night, I went to this once in a not very often while opportunity, a PFR concert. My eyes were opened and I realized yet again that not all Christians believe the same things about conversion. I could say that there were uniquely Christian themes running through the music, and the music was GREAT! So, I will remain a PFR fan.

On a side note, PFR was the soundtrack to Jr. High, High School, and College for me. So, I went with a gal I knew back in high school, and we met up with other youth group gals. It was eye opening to see them again. They’re all very nice, but I can’t believe how I used to value their good opinion. I felt a little left out of their chatter as I haven’t kept in touch with any of them, but I am glad I was left out of some of their chatter. My regret? I didn’t put a stop to the parts of their chatter that were sinful. Sigh.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    PFR, oh my! But I'm glad to hear they're still in circulation, as it renews hope that my old CDs will move on Title Trader.

     
  • At 3:30 PM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    I grew up going to Camp Shamineau (where they met, etc.). So, I actually know people who have/had their demo tape. They're not really touring or producing much, just now and then when they get a chance of it. Joel is the worship leader at the non-denom that hosted the concert. They're all wonderful musicians and the show itself was fabulous (though apparent that they don't perform together often).

    Say, if you get a chance, e-mail me the link to your title trader... if you're selling, I know people who might be interested.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home