Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

You know what would be funny?

Carrie Underwood’s “Before He Cheats” is one of those wronged woman gets violent revenge on cheating boyfriend songs. Now, the difference between this, and the Dixie Chicks’ “Earl Had to Die” is that you can have amusing fun with “Earl.” The video, in and of itself is hilarious. “Before He Cheats” requires a dark video because of the passionate anger felt by the wronged woman.

So, since I have little better to do, I decided that I would come up with an idea that would make this song either ironic or funny if I were a music video producer.

During the chorus, I’d, of course, have the wronged woman vandalizing his truck. But, during the verses, when the guy is supposed to be cheating, I’d have him sitting in a bar playing poker with the guys. Yeah, I’d have the woman vandalizing the guy's truck for no apparent reason. Or, better still, I’d have a guy with an identical truck at the bar with the blonde, while the violent woman’s man is at his buddy’s house playing poker; and she’s vandalizing the wrong guy’s truck! Then, during that last line, where she sings, “Cause the next time that he cheats...Oh, you know it won't be on me,” I’d have her being arrested and cuffed by some cops and carried away as her boyfriend’s watching and shaking his head, relieved that he’s not with that violent psycho anymore.

And, furthermore, let’s say you’re a guy who is on a first date with a cute girl. What would you do if you found out that she totaled her last boyfriend’s truck in a fit of jealous rage? If you're looking to ruin your possibilities of being with any man, that's the way to do it.

I’m not justifying cheating. And even though I have my own inner rage demon, I take it out on the treadmill, and my low fat, low sugar diet helps a great deal. Such rage as expressed above is uncalled for. Garth Brooks addressed such rage once in a song about a truck driver, but the truck driver that murdered the cheating wife and her lover ended up in jail. Food for thought. Bad if a man gets violent revenge, while OK if a woman does?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home