Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Monday, July 09, 2007

On Deciding to Follow Jesus…

Rev. Weedon from Concordia talks about good works and the misunderstanding that Lutherans forbid good works and also from Concordia, Rev. Cwirla free will .

For someone who has an Evangelical background, the above posts are especially profound. Take them into consideration with July 5ths Issues Etc with Rev. Bryan Wolfmueller (Permalink to follow once the episodes join the archives.)

It is a great relief to know that there is nothing I can do to be saved and that I do not continually have to question my salvation or whether or not my confession is valid.

Update…

Via Katie’s Beer at Nerd Heaven, The Semi-Pelagian Narrower Catechism (you’ll like this one Dad). My favorite lessons are:
10. Q: What is thy story? What is thy song?
A: Praising my Savior all the day long.
11. Q: You ask me how I know he lives?
A: He lives within my heart.
12. Q: And what else hast thou got in thine heart?
A: I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart.
13. Q: Where??
A: Down in my heart!
14. Q: Where???
A: Down in my heart!!
26. Q: What’s the book for thee?
A: The B-I-B-L-E.
40. Q: When is Jesus coming again?
A: Maybe morning, maybe noon, maybe evening, and maybe soon.
41. Q: When the roll, roll, roll, is called up yonder, where will you be?
A: There.
42. Q: Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah!
A: Praise ye the Lord!
43. Q: Praise ye the Lord!
A: Hallelujah!
(To fully appreciate this, I had to look up Pelagianism and Semiplagianism .)

Special to my family... Josh does not know "Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah!" We have to take care of that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home