Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Attempting a green thumb...

The first week Mom and I went to the Farmers Market this year, she bought flowers for her planter and I bought basil and lavender. Did you know that basil blooms? (Now if my lavender would bloom too, we'll be in business.) I didn't catch the most recent flowers in time, so I'll post a picture when the next set opens. And for the curious, basil flowers smell like highly concentrated basil leaves.

Fresh basil... one can rarely have enough...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM , Blogger jessica @pianomomsicle said...

    i've got blooming basil right now! It smells so good, doesn't it? i keep the pot right by my computer so i can smell it. Some people grow flowers, but i like useful things, so basil it is. It's so fun to walk over to my little planter and snip a few leaves and have a fresh touch to my lasagna, pasta, sandwiches, etc....

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    My mom has this knack for African Violets that I wish I could replicate. I'm actually surprised my herbs have done this well as we're eastern exposure.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home