Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

A witch… may we burn her?

No, let’s hang her and bury her in the snow to see if she lives.

I like laughing at history. What good is it if we can’t make fun of our own little quirks and scandals, particularly those that happened hundreds of years ago and were scandalous by historic standards?

And as this is the month of Halloween, I would be amiss if I did not remind my family of the evils of witchcraft. Yes, Cotton Mather says one of our Ancestors died of a hideous witchcraft .

Happily, the accused lived almost long enough to see the next century. This is really a good reminder of the gospel message. We all deserve to die for our sins, but Christ took our place. Praise be to God for I cannot pay my own way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home