Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

This week in the life of Baby…

Sorry, I’ve been a little late with posting. I’m really behind on my at home e-mail too. I’ve been rather exhausted lately (not unexpected) and also not feeling the greatest. I developed a cough around Thanksgiving that hasn’t gone away (probably a new allergy or asthma) so when I go in on Thursday, I’ll ask for a steroid inhaler. Also, Baby has developed an aversion to, well, most of my normal diet, so it has been a trying couple of weeks looking for things that are enjoyable to eat, low in fumes, and have nutritional value. I have a couple of things, to eat, and may just end up completely converting to being a lacto-ovo vegetarian for the remainder of my pregnancy. We’ll see. Baby seems to like tofu thus far, and when I’m less adverse to cooking smells, I have some really nummy dishes that I like to make.

If we are, indeed, at week 14 (started last Thursday), Baby will be practicing breathing with the amniotic fluid and Baby’s bladder will be making movements. Good thing amniotic fluid regenerates every three hours! Baby will also grow to be around five inches long.

And on Thursday, we will go back to try to get a read on Baby’s heart again. If that doesn’t work, then we’ll have an early ultrasound. We’ll also see if I have developed anti-bodies against Baby’s blood. I’ll try to get a post up this weekend.

(as always, from about.com )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home