Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

On inney belly buttons…

Your belly button is a scar remaining from your umbilical cord. Some people have inney belly buttons and others have outey belly buttons. I happen to have an inney belly button.

Something pregnant women notice when they begin to “poof” is an inney belly button acts very much like the turkey thermometer. Just as when the turkey is done and its thermometer pops out, when the baby is near done, mommy’s belly button pops out.

And so, my “baby thermometer” is popping out, and I noticed something unusual, the one time I could crouch down a little to examine what is really in a belly button. I have scars for two holes at the bottom of my belly button, evidence on how neat God made things. You see, umbilical cords have an input vein and an output vein. And I have the scar for each. Just something I never really thought of… you know, how umbilical cords really work and what kind of scars they leave behind.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home