Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

True Presence

So, when I'm feeding Mallory or rocking her, I occasionally sing hymns to her. It's a tradition I picked up from my dad. I've first been going through the hymnal I grew up with, the E. Free one. I know all those hymns, and I'm still learning those in the LSB. I'm being careful to keep within good Lutheran Theology, though. So, as I was rocking her yesterday, I thought about an old favorite in a new way. All my life, I have been singing about the true presence of Christ in sacrament and never knew it!

Great is Thy Faithfulness
"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth;
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide.
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow;
Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside."

Fabulous hymn, now means even more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home