Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

About crisis

You know, I've always fancied myself someone who believed that men and women were equal in a lot of areas. People should get equal pay for equal work. I have a right to use birth control as a person with a blood disease preventing children. I have the right to vote. But, most importantly that I have the ability to keep it cool in a crisis.

I'm not so certain that I have the ability to keep it cool in a crisis anymore. Yeah, I haven't "dropped my basket," so to speak, and I can still do the basic function of living. But I don't think I could handle this deployment thing without Josh. And I don't think I'll be able to handle it without my friends, but most importantly, without my dad.

It isn't that I can't manage my household affairs, show up at work, and go through the daily functions of life. Rather, it's that I need someone to be strong for me. Perhaps it is time for a stronger faith in God. Perhaps I'm not as strong as men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home