Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Brunette Moment

I am the first to admit to being a little bit of a ditz. But here you go. I was out at Yankee Candle blowing off some steam and a few dollars. I waited nicely in line behind a brunette who was telling blonde jokes. (That is soooooo ‘90’s.) When it was my turn in line, the previous customer, who was so amusing, was still putting away her wallet. The cashier and I were having a nice conversation about whether or not I was buying for myself or for gifts. Josh has done most of my Christmas Shopping from Iraq. The afore mentioned comedienne asked, “Where’s Iraq?”

I said, “Perhaps we should read the newspaper a little more often then joke books?”

“Well, I’m not ignorant or anything.”

Um, yes, yes you are.

And to celebrate, I went and got highlights, blonde ones. So, I have my regular blonde tone accented by a nice light blonde hair. Yes, I feel the brain cells multiplying.

*My profuse apologies to brunettes, my husband being one of them. I certainly know that this wanna be comedienne is not representative of all brunettes, and I know that you aren’t all ignorant. But before you tell a blonde joke, make sure the blonde in the room is really less globally aware then you. And keep in mind, those who tell blonde jokes are just jealous because blondes are the prized minority.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home