Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sad news…

My paternal grandmother passed away tonight. I’m sitting here trying to collect my thoughts. And I have such mixed thoughts right now. Josh is coming home soon, and I can’t let my grief affect his homecoming. Pray that God gives me one more emotional thread to make it through the week and pray that God gives me the strength to do what I need to do.

I am reminded again of this post from Incarnatus Est on death . And also something Pastor said in adult Bible hour today. We do not believe in the Greek philosophical heresy that our bodies can be separated from our spirit. Granny has fallen asleep. She is indeed at rest in our Savior. “I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Christian Church, the resurrection of the body and the life ever lasting. Amen!”

3 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM , Blogger HockeyMom said...

    Liz,
    I am sorry for your Grandmothers loss. May you take solace in knowing that she is in heaven, celebrating with all those who have gone before. Think of the legacy that she has left you, and rejoice on her life.
    God's blessings,
    Christine

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Consecutive Odds said...

    And a great gift she left me... my middle name, June. But I was born in September.

    Thanks for the wishes!

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Blogger E. Rapp said...

    Liz,

    I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

    Peace to you,

    Eric

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home