Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

The “Secret” behind the WTC attack…

Via the Heresy Hunter .

First off, anyone who buys any theology Oprah sells is nuts.

OK, so the key to “The Secret” is if I think happy thoughts, I will attract a happy life to myself, and if I think negatively, I will attract disaster.

“Dr. Joe Vitale: Everything that surrounds you right now in your life, including the things you're complaining about, you've attracted. Now I know at first blush that's going to be something that you hate to hear. You're going to immediately say, "I didn't attract the car accident. I didn't attract this particular client who gives me a hard time. I didn't particularly attract the debt." And I'm here to be a little bit in your face and to say, yes you did attract it. This is one of the hardest concepts to get, but once you've accepted it, it's life transforming."

Rhonda Byrnes: Often when people first hear this part of the Secret they recall events in history where masses of lives were lost, and they find it incomprehensible that so many people could have attracted themselves to the event. But the law of attraction, they had to be on the same frequency as the event. It doesn't necessarily mean they thought of that exact event, but the frequency of their thoughts matched the frequency of the event. If people believe they can be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they have no control over outside circumstances, those thoughts of fear, separation, and powerlessness, if persistent, can attract them to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. (The Secret, Chapter: The Secret Made Simple, p. 27-28)”

Now, according to this logic, a soldier going off to war deserves it when he is injured or killed in the line of duty because they asked for it by their thoughts. There is no easy answer when evil things happen to nice people. And there is no easy answer for when life gets hard. The hard part is accepting that God is God and I am not God. I do not have the power to control things.

Someone asked me how I get through this deployment. I don’t. God gets through it for me. I’m just along for the ride. Anyone tells me I deserve what trouble I get from having a deployed spouse had better stay 100 meters back. I know “Army talk” and I am not afraid to tell such people what I think in such a language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home