Blonde moment

And the silver spoon.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

And he has left

Josh left yesterday after an emotional roller coster. On Sunday, he was supposed to leave at 5:45 yesterday morning. On Monday, it was put off to Saturday. Then, he got the call at 8:30 yesterday morning. I was still living off of the excitement from thinking he'd be around another week when he called me at work.

He picked me up and we met my folks at the armory. They waited it out with us, which meant the world to me. And I drove home. I even changed a fuse in my car by myself! Not that I don't regularly change my own fuses, but doing that yesterday made me feel competent.

It wasn't until I got home that it was real. There was a pile of the civies Josh was wearing yesterday when he dropped me off at work. There was a message he wrote for me on the computer. This morning, our alarm went off and it was the radio show he likes to listen to.

He called me last night to let me know that the first leg of his trip was over. When I hear that he's made it to the training location, I'll tell you about his trip. It's pretty funny.

As for me, I'm going out with my cousin tonight. I also have a couple of more issue oriented things to post, but I think they will wait. Again, I'm going to get to cleaning up my links this weekend. I'm pretty much doing what I feel like doing for now, and I don't particularly feel like doing much.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger King said...

    Our prayers are with you and Josh. Write if you need anything at all. I'll write you next week.

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Leo Pusateri said...

    My prayers as well..

    My son left for Mississippi this past Tuesday..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home